ICSS INSIGHT is a non-profit organisation established in 2014, under the umbrella of the International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS), to assist governments, international bodies, sport organisations, civil society and the industry sector in the development of advanced policies and instruments to the safeguard of sport.
ICSS’s vision is to contribute to sport being safe and ethically governed at global level so that its positive values remain an inspiration for society and individuals. In accordance, it works as an independent global front-runner in safeguarding sport through tangible efforts to ensure good governance, integrity and safety and security in sport, with the purpose of:
- Enhance expertise in these areas across the sports industry and other sectors
- Drive collective and multisector action
- Identify innovative and pioneering tools to safeguard sport and those who compete and play sport, in particular the most vulnerable
ICSS INSIGHT’s core activities fall into sport security and integrity-related policies, the protection of children in sport (including young athletes) and crime prevention in sport at large. The ICSS INSIGHT portfolio focuses on the following areas of action:
- Multisectoral and international cooperation
- Policy advisory and capacity building
- Youth Matters: Save the Dream
In promoting policy reforms in sport, with an independent and scientific-based approach, ICSS INSIGHT is a formal member of several mechanisms and working groups within the European Union, the United Nations and the Council of Europe, and is a founding member of SIGA – Sport Integrity Global Alliance.